What’s this? Is Chase Tactical trying out some new faster shipping options?
It’s time to start carving out some time for PAUL-E-PALOOZA 2017 – the annual training conference to benefit the children of the late Paul E. Gomez. As usual, this year’s instructor roster is stacked and the topics will be many and varied.
So far, the instructor list looks like this:
- Dr. Sherman House- The People’s Dentist and Medical Director of Paul-E-Palooza
- William Aprill- Aprill Risk Consulting, ShivWorks Collective, and Training Director of Paul-E-Palooza
- Cecil Burch- Immediate Action Combatives and ShivWorks Collective
- Paul Sharp- Sharp Defense and ShivWorks Collective
- Chris Fry- Modern Defensive Training Systems and ShivWorks Collective
- Larry Lindenman- Point-Driven Training and ShivWorks Collective
- Tom Givens- Rangemaster Firearms Training
- Jerry Wetzel- Red Zone Threat Management
- Robert Follis- Extreme Couture MMA
- Caleb Causey- Lone Star Medics
- Rob Pincus- Combat Focus Shooting and Personal Defense Network
- Dr. Lauren Pugliese- Active Response Training
- Greg Ellifritz- Active Response Training
- John Hearne- Rangemaster and DVC Targets
- Ian Wendt- Special Circumstances
- Morgan Atwood- BFE Labs
- Chuck Haggard- Agile/Training and Consulting
- Andrew Branca- Law of Self Defense
- Eli Miller- Direct Pressure, LLC and Oinkin’ Acres Farmstead
- “Operator X”- We Could Tell You But Then We’d Have To Kill You
- Nathan Stokes- Advantage Group Training
- Pam Benzing- Nunya Bidness
- Paul Carlson- Safety Solutions Academy
You can learn more by visiting the event website: PAUL-E-PALOOZA 2017
KA-BAR’s newest addition to the TDI line is likely it’s most discreet. The new Shark Bit has the familiar angled blade to handle relationship for which the rest of the TDI knives are known. However, unlike previous offerings, the Shark Bit is made completely of polymer – Ultramid® to be specific. The knife and sheath are completely non-metallic except for the included ball chain neck lanyard which does not have to be used.
The sheath is worth pointing out in some detail. Many manufacturers make non-metalic knives and then use metal eyelets or clips in the sheath which, of course, defeats the purpose of a non-metallic knife. The sheath KA-BAR includes with the Shark Bite appears to be truly non-metalic and features enough attachment points to allow for a variety of carry methods.
The blade is 2.625” long (legal in most jurisdictions) and the overall length is 5.125”. It weighs under 2.5 ounces and is made in the USA.
Aero Precision is offering a very attractive deal on a complete upper receiver. $360 buys a complete upper with charging handle, hand guards, and BCG today only. Check it out at AeroPrecision.com.
- Upper: Standard AR15 Upper Receiver
- Barrel: 16″ 5.56 CMV Mid-Length Barrel w/ Pinned FSB, 1/7 twist, Black Nitride
- Handguard: M4 Style Handguard
- Gas System: Mid-Length Gas System
- Muzzle Device: Standard A2 Flash Hider
- This complete upper WILL include a BCG and Charging Handle.
The collaboration between TangoDown and Larry Vickers has been good for Glock shooters. They just released the details of their latest Glock accessory…
TangoDown is pleased to announce the release of the Gen 4 Glock™ Grip Plug / Take Down Tool (GGT-02). The GGT-02 offers all the same functions as its predecessor for the Glock™ Gen 3 models. Carefully designed to accommodate factory back-straps, or not, depending on shooter preference. Just select the appropriate tool & go. The package includes (2) tools & (1) plug. Installation is quick & simple, snap fit for easy tool access.
The GGT-02 accommodates the following Gen 4 Glock™ models only: 17, 19, 22, 23, 31, 32, 34, 35
Color Options: Black, Glock Tan, Gray
Visit: https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-tactical-grip-plugtakedown-tool-for-gen4-glock-ggt-02/ for more information on the GGT-02.
Customer questions: email@example.com
Blue Force Gear rolled out their new custom configurator tool for Vickers Slings a few weeks ago and it has been a hit. The only problem was that if you wanted a padded sling, you were left out in the cold… until now. Blue Force Gear just announced their custom sling builder for Vickers Padded Slings!
The new Low Speed High Drag shirt from Perroz Designs features the spirit animal of everyone who wishes they were just a little faster on the trigger – a sloth.
Manassas, VA – March 22, 2017 – Aimpoint, the worldwide leader in reflex sight technology, has been awarded a contract for supply of 30,000 M68 Close Combat Optics (M68CCO) to the U.S. Army. The Aimpoint CompM4s sight is type-classified as the M68CCO when used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force. These sights will be supplied with a killFlash® anti-reflection device, rubber lens covers, and adapters which allow the sights to be deployed on all versions of the M16 rifle, M4 Carbine, and light machineguns such as the M240 and M249.
“Aimpoint has been a trusted supplier to the U.S. Armed Forces since 1997. With the troops counting on us to build the best sights in the world, it’s a job we all take very seriously,” said Brian Lisankie, President of Aimpoint Inc. “The CompM4s is the standard by which all other reflex sights are measured. These optics are designed to function with complete reliability and accuracy under the harshest conditions, and do so with near-legendary levels of ruggedness and dependability.”
Aimpoint produces a complete line of high quality reflex sights for use by military, law enforcement, hunters, and sport shooters. The company also produces electronic fire control systems for use on crew-served weapons. For more information on Aimpoint products, please visit the company’s webpage: www.aimpoint.com.
From time to time, I remind you about Blue Force Gear’s Last Call Page. I usually do this when there are a lot of very good deals posted. Now is one of those times.
They have MOLLEminus chest rigs and other load bearing gear marked off as much as 40%. There are also a number of pouches and handy items like UWLs at great prices.
The AK Whisperers over at Rifle Dynamics recently posted a picture that graphically illustrates what the 5.45x39mm 7N6 bullet does the moment it meets some resistance. Russian 7N6 is currently blocked from import though it was available before the ban in massive quantities and at low prices.
Here is what Rifle Dynamics had to say about the photo:
An interesting study in why Russian 7N6 ammo is very effective on fleshy targets. This 3-D rubber target (back of target pictured) is about 4″ thick, it was shot at 25 to 50 yards with 7N6 through a 74URD. As you can see the bullets tumble immediately after impact making this a very effective round at close range. Also making it a great round for home defense in urban environments. Now if we could get Trump to resend obama’s EXO blocking the import of Russian surplus and ATF’s wrong decision classifying it as AP pistol ammo we could have a nice supply of inexpensive effective ammo for our 5.45 AK’s