Save 15% at Tuff Possum Gear this Black Friday. Just use code TPG15 at checkout. TuffPossumGear.com
Tag Archives | Tuff Possum Gear
Tuff Possum Gear Entry Kit
The Tuff Possum Gear Entry Kit sold out quickly when it was first offered. The kit features a well-rounded variety of entry tools that can help bypass many common locks. The following list and descriptions are taken from the Tuff Possum Gear Entry Kit product page:
- EZ Card: Designed to work like a standard shove knife or gate latch tool with the convenience of sliding in your wallet like a credit card. Let’s be honest, a lot of the doors folks accidentally lock themselves out of are the easiest to bypass, especially outside swinging types.
- Covert Bypass Multi-tool: The end result of a brainstorm back in March of 2020, the Multi-tool has three of the most useful “jigglers” and three of the most useful “comb picks”, since many locks don’t need a full on pick and tension wrench to open. (I personally like to pop off the rivet of the Multi-tool and put them on my keyring for easy access.)
Jigglers are used for “wafer locks” (Such as found on filing cabinets, access panels, RV side compartments, toolboxes, trailer hitch locks, etc.). Jigglers do not use a separate tension tool like their “rake” cousins.Comb Picks are bypass tools designed to push the entire pin stack above the shear line, allowing the plug to rotate and the lock to open. These tools work with a variety of cylinders most commonly found in solid-bodied padlocks, and puck locks. With a wee bit of practice, it is almost as easy as using the actual key. A short, but certainly not an exhaustive list of what these open are:
– 4-Pin Comb: Master 40mm series solid body padlocks and various clones of this common design. (M140, M141, etc.)
– 5-Pin Comb: Master 50 and 60mm solid body padlocks and some Abus padlocks. (M150, M160, Abus 55/60)
– 6-Pin Comb: Master 6-Pin Puck Locks and Trailer Hitch locks (A2000, A2001, 6271), American Series 748 and other locks utilizing the American 2001 series cylinder. As well as some older model PacLocks.
- Quick Stick: (The thicker, pointy key looking thing) Designed to quickly open poorly designed Chinese padlocks, as well as keyways on some file cabinet locks and tool chests. By simply bypassing the pins on a keyway all together and manipulating the locking dog, the QuickStick can open these locks faster than actual picking.
- EZ Decoders (2 pieces): (The thin, pointy key looking things) A bypass tool designed to open many combination padlocks made by Sesame and Master Lock, as well as many luggage locks by decoding or shimming. Picture those padlocks, keyboxes, and briefcase locks that consist of a row of 3 to 4 little number wheels next to each other. That’s what these are for.
- 5-piece Lockpick Set: Fully custom made for Tuff Possum Gear from 0.025″ thick tempered stainless steel. This is a selection of the five most useful profiles for “in the field” use and easy/medium skill level, based on my personal preference and the recommendations of many folks far more knowledgeable than I ever will be. They are the same length/format as the popular “Bogata Pi” set at just about 3.14″ long:
– Short Hook w/ flat top (the only true “pick”, used for single pin picking, as all the rest are “rakes”)
– City Rake (looks like a jagged mountain range. Used for rocking and raking.)
– Hollow Half Diamond (also known as a single peak Bogata, this can be used for some single pin picking as well as raking and “zipping”)
– Triple Peak, Large Wave Rake (AKA the popular triple peak Bogata pattern. One of my personal favorites)
– Five Peak, Small Wave Rake (a handy variation of the wave rake, popularized by TOOOL, The Open Organization Of Lockpickers)
- And of course, no lockpick set would be complete without a selection of tension wrenches. The 3 Piece Longhorn Tension Wrenches are each a different thickness and double ended for a total of 6 different options to fit a multitude of keyway situations. The wide/long ends are for “bottom of the keyway” and the narrow/short ends are for “top of the keyway” tensioning. They are color coded: Red is .030” thick, White is .040” thick, and Blue is .050” thick.
These kits are very reasonably priced when you consider what it would cost to piece together something like this which is likely why the first batch sold out so quickly. If you want one, a little birdie told me you should watch the website today as new kits will likely be added.
Delta2Alpha Ragnar Bands
If you’ve used ranger bands made from bicycle tire inner tubes, you know how handy they can be for things like adding some grip to a slipper firearm, managing strap ends, starting a fire, or attaching a thing… to another thing. However, you probably also know that, while they can be made in a variety of sizes, big isn’t usually one of them and that they eventually crumble into a mess.
The Delta2Alpha Ragnar Bands are larger than typical homemade ranger bands. They are also not a cut-up-from-something-else or repackaged product. They are made from the ground up to Delta@Alpha’s specs. Each band is about 4 inches long (when flat) and can stretch to 8″. They are 3/8″ wide.
The Ragnar Bands (which is a clever name, by the way) can be used in all the same ways that you might use a ranger band. However, you may find that the larger size makes them more versatile and the better materials make them more reliable than regular ranger bands.
Ragnar Bands are also available from Tuff Possum Gear: TuffPossumGear.com
Tuff Possum Gear Multipurpose Sit Pad
Tuff Possum Gear’s Multipurpose Sit Pad has… multiple purposes. It is, of course, a sit pad or knee pad for camp and trail. A 1/2″ closed cell foam pad to provide cushioning is tucked into a hook and loop sealed pouch that is constructed from Cordura nylon. The pouch may be used for foraging or extra cargo capacity in a pinch.
The pouch features loops on the side that are key to many of its functions. They can be strung with paracord to improvise a backpack. They are also spaced to function as a compression panel on the Ute from Hill People Gear and possibly others as this spacing is similar across many pack brands.
Finally, the Multipurpose Sit Pad may serve as a part of your visual signalling kit in an emergency. One side of it is made in your choice of low profile colors or camo pattern and the other is high visibility orange.
New Med Pouch from Tuff Possum Gear
Tuff Possum Gear has launched their new Med Pouch. It is available today at an introductory price.
Designed with quick access and modular carry in mind, the Med Pouch is the result of our wish for a velcro backed “medical” or “first aid kit” pouch. It pairs perfectly with the Shackleton EDC Satchel, but works well with any pack or bag lined with a loop Velcro or the FirstSpear 6/12 material (PALS laser cut loop).
Sized to carry the basics of massive hemorrhage control (ie. gloves, a CAT tourniquet, a HALO chest seal, and wound packing materials), as well as the little boo-boo stuff you dispense in everyday life to those around you. (ie. band-aid, Advil, etc.)
The Med Pouch is 5″ x 5″ x 2.5″ in size. The first aid sign on the front is both reflect and glow-in-the-dark. It comes with beaded zipper pulls to aid in opening in less than ideal circumstances and a panel to cover the hook backing if it is not needed. Internally, it has two slot pockets to organize contents.