I recently shared with you how impressed I am with Streamlight’s ProTac Rail Mount 1 and its ability to be powered from a CR123A or AA battery. Streamlight has just announced that they will be bringing that same technology to their ProTac handheld lights in the new ProTac 1L-1AA.
The new light will feature anodized aluminum construction, a “unbreakable” two-way clip, anti-roll bezel, and Streamlights TEN-TAP programming to allow the user to choose between 3 different output sets including high/strobe/low, high only, and high/low. The light is also IPX7 waterproof (1 meter for 30 minutes).
The output is basically identical to the ProTac Rail Mount 1.
- CR123A lithium battery output:
- High for bright light: 350 lumens; 6,400 candela; 160m beam; runs 1.5 hours
- Low for longer run time: 40 lumens; 720 candela; 53m beam; runs 14.hours
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 3 hours
- AA alkaline/lithium battery output:
- High: 150 lumens; 2,750 candela; 105m beam; runs 1 hour 20 minutes (alkaline); runs 4.25 hours (lithium)
- Low: 40 lumens; 720 candela; 53m beam; runs 7.5 hours (alkaline); runs 14 hours (lithium)
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 3.5 hours (alkaline); runs 8 hours (lithium)
The new light will be on display at NRA 2016 so swing by booth #5391 to see it in person. You can also learn more by visiting Streamlight’s website.