Foursevens has launched the first new lights in the Quark MKIII series since their acquisition by Prometheus Lights on Kickstarter. The 500 lumen Quark QK2A and 700 lumen QK16L take 2x AA and 1x 16650 batteries respectively.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Industry-leading LED: The MKIII features the newest Nichia 319A with 5000K color temperature and 80+ CRI. It’s meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.
- Configurable interface: No one can agree on the best program setup so we offer 6 convenient program presets (configurations). Choose your favorite, at any time. The configurable user interface that is being standardized across the entire Foursevens line. No matter what light you pick up, you’ll know exactly how to use it.
- Burst mode: Using a very fast double press, burst mode (100%) output is directly accessible from any previous level, and reverts to the last saved mode. Experts agree that most flashlights are used at lower level outputs, but sometimes you need to dial it up. We’ve got you covered on both counts.
- More beef: For when gravity strikes, and it always does. The diameter of the entire light is *very* slightly larger to improve mechanical reliability and impact resistance because durability + reliability = longevity. Built for life.
- The best pocket clips on the market period: Pocket clips are my jam because I obsess about every detail, because every detail matters. Our new clip is made from thicker material, providing easier pocketing and improved grip. Most of the “grip” on a flashlight comes from the pocket clip, not the surface finish.
- Tailstand cap (if you know, you know.): All Quarks ship with the traditional forward (momentary) clicky switch that stands proud of the tail. For those who prefer a recessed button and a light that can tailstand, we also include the all new snap-on Quark Tailstand Cap.
- Hybrid Memory: A blend of memory and no-memory, the hybrid configuration saves the last mode used, but reverts to the first mode in the sequence when shifting out of a saved mode.
- Solid Copper (Direct Thermal) MCPCB: The LED is mounted to a solid copper PCB to provide superior thermal performance and maximum output — a first for the Quark.
You can dive deep into specs, backer rewards, and the history of the Quark line of lights on Kickstarter.
So I can “Drown It” it in ~5 feet of water for ~30 minutes and the flashlight will relatively air tight (i.e. maybe). No thanks, “Kickstarter” can keep it…