Magpul just released details of their new UBR 2.0 Stock. The premium AR-15 stock is getting a host of new features for 2016.
I should also mention that the promo video for the UBR 2.0 is amazing.
Leveraging nearly a decade of design and engineering advancement, the venerable UBR stock is redesigned for 2016. Maintaining the unique mix of adjustability, strength, and consistent cheek weld, the UBR 2.0 features A5/SR-25 buffer systems compatibility, rotation-limited QD sling mounts, an ASAP QD style receiver end plate, and an improved rubber butt pad profile, while providing significant weight and cost reduction over the original UBR.
Additional Information and Features:
The UBR 2.0 is an adjustable stock for the AR15/M4, designed to offer the same strength and stability as a fixed stock with a consistent and comfortable cheek weld in any position.
An update of the revolutionary Utility/Battle Rifle (UBR) stock, the UBR 2.0 features a fixed cheek piece to provide a consistent cheek weld in any of its 8 positions, and is compatible with Carbine as well as A5-length buffer systems. Designed to accommodate large bore AR calibers and withstand severe impacts, the UBR 2.0 comes standard with front and rear QD sling attachment points, two footman’s loops, the ergonomic MOE SL™ angled-toe rubber butt-pad, and customizable storage compartment.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on a durable custom Receiver Extension tube (included) to accommodate the common M4 carbine buffer and spring as well as aftermarket A5 buffer systems*
- Solid “fixed stock” lockup and consistent cheek weld in all positions
- 8-Position LOP adjustability
- Adjustment lever requires only gross motor movement to operate yet the entire stock remains streamlined and anti-snag
- Enhanced lock mechanism with dual locking pawls for maximum drop strength and shock resistance
- Multi-shell construction provides solid foundation and shields critical operating parts from penetration damage
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Storage Compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference
- Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
- Sling Mounts
- Front – ASAP QD type swivel mount for ambidextrous one-point QD sling mounting
- Left/Right Rear – Anti-rotation QD swivel sling mounts fit up to 1.5″ push-button swivels
- Bottom – 1.25″ sling loop (additonal loop accessible when Storage Compartment is removed)