BFE Labs has released their Badlander Survival Kit V2 for pre-order. This kit is built from quality components and designed to help someone with an already developed survival skillset through 72-96 hours.
The kit contains gear solutions to the most important survival problems of water, shelter, fire, signalling, basic first aid, and navigation. All of the contents fit in a compact Seal Line dry bag (except the Mora knife).
- 1 Super HeatSheets 5’x8’ Heavy Duty Emergency Blanket (Subdued)
- 2 Orion 5 Minute SAR Fire Starter/Signal Flares (Red)
- 1 Pocket Water Kit, with 1 Liter Heavy-Duty Sterile Bag, and 3 days supply of AquaMira purification tabs (in Black Zip Pouch)
- 1 AquaMira Frontier water filtration straw (in original packaging for sanitation)
- 1 Pocket Survival Kit, with SparkLite fire starter, Tinder-Quik Tabs, 20mm brass SERE Compass, Folding Prep Razor, Folding
- Escape Saw, Micro LED and 25’ of Technora 250lb-test Line (in Black Zip Pouch, with SOLAS Retroreflective Panel for signalling)
- 1 Mini-Signalling Kit with 18×20” Heavy Duty Signal Panel and Mini-Signal Mirror, in Soft Pouch
- 1 Military Lensatic Compass (Tan) -3 Cyalume 12-hour Green Lightsticks
- 2 Cyalume 30-minute Yellow High Intensity Lightsticks (for Signalling)
- 1 Mini Headlamp
- 1 Small Repair/Tool Kit, with 1×18” Sealed-fold of Gorilla Tape, 8 assorted Safety Pins and 6 eye-screws.
- 1 Minor First Aid Kit, with 2 Antibiotic and 1 Burn Cream sachets, 5 Butterfly Sutures, and Multiple BandAids
- 25’ Feet of Mil-Spec Parachute Cord (Coyote Tan)
- 1 Morakniv Heavy Duty Companion knife (with squared spine)
BFE Labs tests everything that they use in their kits. I have used most of the components listed and I’m impressed with the quality. This is not your typical big box store survival kit.