SIONICS Weapon Systems was approached by Jeff Axelson of Axelson Tactical to create a rifle to commemorate his brother Matthew Axelson who was during Operation Red Wings on June 28th, 2005. Matthew is an American hero who was awarded the Navy Cross for his action on this mission.
The rifle will be reminiscent of the rifle that Axelson was carrying on that mission but with a generous dose of the state of the art. It will be limited to just 100 pieces and will feature special serial numbers and engraving.
The tentative specs are:
- 18″ stainless 1×8 twist rifle length gas system barrel with bead blast finish
- Battle Comp 1.0 muzzle device with special laser engraving
- Geissele low profile gas block
- Geissele 15″ MKII Rail
- Geissele SSA trigger
- Vltor A5 Buffer System
- B5 Systems SOPMOD Stock
- Vltor/BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 handle
- Magpul MBUS PRO sights
- Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector
- 3 color camouflage Cerakote from Personal Defense Warehouse in Chandler, AZ
All of the rifles will ship in a Pelican case with a certificate of authenticity, data sheet, and special coins that are numbered to the rifle. Keep in mind that these specs may change as the plans are finalized and the various artwork for the engraving is still being completed.