Minuteman Watches, in addition to their line of watches, will occasionally partner with a knife maker to offer an exclusive knife. Like their watches, 25% of the net proceeds from the sale of these knives goes to veteran’s charities. Their next knife project is going to be a small fixed blade that will be designed and created with the help of Justin Gingrich, former Army Ranger and head honcho at Gingrich Tactical Innovations.
They have whittled down the knife designs to just three and now its up to you to help decide which design to produce. You can visit the project page at Minuteman Watches to learn more about the project, projected pricing, and how to vote (its easy).
Here are the three versions being considered:
Regardless of the design chosen, the specs will be similar:
- Blade length: 2.5″ hollow ground.
- Handle length: 3″ (This may increase slightly but the idea is to get at least 3 fingers on the handle.
- Blade Thickness: 1/8″ (Might be bumped up to 5/32″)
- Blade width: 1″
- Blade Steel: M390 (Might switch to S35VN the cost for both steels is about the same and performance is similar.)
- Sheath: Kydex set up for neck carry, waist carry, and pocket carry.
- Blade finish: Bead blasted. (This may change but we will not coat is as the cost will go up and we are already using a stainless steel.)