Magpul just made my day. They are now shipping their PMAG30 AK/AKM GEN M3 magazines. If you listen carefully, you can hear AK shooters around the country tearing their wallets from their pockets.
The Magpul PMAG30 AK/AKM GEN M3 makes use of Magpul’s special sauce polymer throughout and features metal reinforced locking lugs. They also have all the features you have come to expect from Magpul’s magazines like a quality stainless spring, anti-tilt follower, paint pen marking matrix, and more.
The MSRP on these magazines is $26.95 and street prices will be lower. This should turn the metal reinforced, polymer AK magazine market upside down in the USA.
- Impact and crush resistant polymer body
- Stainless steel rear locking lug and reinforced front lug and spine for increased durability
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life stainless steel spring
- Ribbed gripping surface and aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with most pouches
I’ll stick with my trusty old mil-surp steel magazines, which provide reliable service and a handy bludgeon if all else fails.