Archer Mfg has introduced a new shotgun package that has a back story and cause that are even better than its spec sheet. The Kanon 12ga is their tribute to a fallen teammate who was killed in Afghanistan while working as a security contractor. The name Kanon actually comes from the name of their fallen comrade’s explosive detection dog. A portion of the proceeds from all sales of this shotgun will go to a trust established for his daughter’s college education.
Like I said, the back story and cause are better than the specs, but that is really saying something because the specs are pretty darn good too. The Kanon starts life as a Remington 870P with an 18″ barrel with 2 round magazine extension. They are inspected and function checked before the Kanon package is applied which includes:
- Dehorn and polish receiver, ejection port, and loading port
- Back bore barrel and lengthen forcing cone (reduces recoil, tightens patterns)
- Polish bore and chamber
- Coat receiver interior and magazine exterior with Micro-Slick
- Polish magazine tube interior
- Install Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor, SBE Aluminum Tactical Follower, and Big Speed Safety
- Install XS Ghost Ring rear sight and XS banded Tritium front sight
- Install MagPul SGA forward sling mount and Micro Flush rotation-limited rear
- Cerakote in choice of colors
- Deliver in Patriot Case hard case
The Kanon starts at $1495 and will be available with several buttstock and foreend options. It is in the process of being added to the Archer Mfg website.
Any idea if they’re planning to offer pricing based on customer-provided shotguns?
I will try to find out.
Matt, this is Buck Thomas (i work for Archer). First off , thank you for sharing this. It is greatly appreciated. On customer supplied shotguns (we have recieved quite a few requests) we are currently working pricing and logistics in order to offer this as a package on customers guns. We will get back to you as soon as possible on that. Thanks again.