Faxon Firearms is making a name for themselves in the AR-15 barrel market by offering good quality barrels at very competitive prices and by not being afraid to try some new things. They are listening to potential customers and making some very unique barrels. The most recent evidence of that is their new Gunner profile barrels.
The Gunner profile has a tapered profile under the hand guards, a .625 gas block diameter, and is turned down to a lightweight profile in front of the gas block. It is sort of like a “SOCOM” profile barrel except thinner. These are initially available in 18″ and 20″ lengths which makes them some of the new lighter weight options available in these lengths. Eventually, Faxon will be offering them in 14.5″ and 16″ length as well.
- Barrel Material: 4150 CMV Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 5.56
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 18” or 20″
- Barrel Profile: “Gunner” Hybrid/Light/Pencil
- Barrel Gas System: Rifle
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″ (1.1″ Journal)
- Gas Port Diameter: TBD
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: 1.46 lbs (18″) 1.55 lbs (20″)
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!