Mega Arms has released details of their first stand alone free-float hand guard, the Wedge Lock Hand Guard. The hand guard will feature a titanium barrel nut to keep the weight down and reduce heat transfer to the hand guard. It will also be M-LOK compatible.
Mega Arms machines the Wedge Lock hand guards from 7075 aluminum extrusions. They are designed to be thin, light, and strong. Eventually, this hand guard will be released for the AR-10 but initially, 5 lengths are planned for AR-15 pattern rifles:
- Carbine = 7 inches, $249 (all prices are MSRP)
- Mid length = 9 inches, $272
- Rifle length = 12 inches, $295
- Extended Rifle lenght = 14 inches, $326
- Mega Extended = 16 inches, $357
Comments are closed.