Angstadt Arms has just released details on their UDP-9 9mm PDW which is an AR-15 based, pistol caliber carbine that accepts readily available and reliable Glock magazines. They will also be releasing the receiver set used on the UDP-9 for separate purchase for those who want to build their own PDW.
I am particularly interested in the UDP-9 as a Glock shooter. Glock magazines are a great choice for pistol caliber carbine since they are inexpensive, readily available, and they are offered in a number of different capacities up to 33 rounds. The UDP-9’s lower receiver is built from the ground up to accept Glock magazines so there is no need to worry about adapter blocks. Angstadt Arms is not the first to create a lower receiver like this but they are doing the concept justice.
The UDP-9 will come with a number of features befitting it’s intended role. The 1 in 10″ twist is kept to a short 5″ inches so that, even with a suppressor installed, it is a relatively compact package. The B5 Systems/UCWRG pistol grip is a great choice for a compact weapon like this due to its more vertical grip angle. The UDP-9 will ship with a Sig SBX Brace so you can take it to range right away and start using it before deciding if you want to go through the NFA process.
It looks like a well thought out package. Here are some additional specs:
- 7075-T6 billet aluminum lower and upper receiver with a matte black hard-coat anodized finish
- Flared magwell for faster reloads, integrated, oversized trigger guard and a threaded bolt catch screw
- Last round bolt hold open on an empty magazine
- Slick side upper receiver with appropriately sized ejection port and no froward assist or dust cover
- 9mm bolt assembly for use with a standard AR-15 hammer. Compatible with both GLOCK and Colt 9mm AR-15’s
- 5” 9mm barrel in chrome moly with a 1/10 twist and a black phosphate finish
- Sig Sauer SBX Pistol Stabilizing Brace
- B5 Systems pistol grip
- ODIN Works 5.5” free float keymod hand guard with continuous top picatinny rail and mounting positions at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Weight: Sub 5lbs
- Length: 21″
- MSRP: $1,095 – $1,295 depending on model
If you want to see the UDP-9 in person, check out Angstadt Arms in booth #7013 at SHOT Show. You can also check out the Angstadt Arms website for additional details.
Comments are closed.