Magpul recently began shipping their Hunter 700 Stock and promised that their bottom metal kit and magazines would follow. That day has come. They are now shipping both their Bolt Action Magazine Well and PMAG 5 7.62 AC.
The Bolt Action Magazine Well is an easy to install detachable box magazine conversion for the Hunter 700 Stock that allows the user to make use AICS short action magazines. This kit is so easy to install and affordable that it will bring detachable magazine functionality to a whole new group of bolt action shooters.
Bolt Action Magazine Well Features:
- Designed specifically for the Hunter 700 Stock and all short action caliber AICS-spec magazines
- Installs easily with no gunsmitthing or inletting required
- Reinforced polymer construction provides durability with light weight
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves
- Steel action screw pillars
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite® treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
- Includes one 7.62×51/.308 Winchester PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine
The PMAG 5 7.62 is an all polymer and extremely affordable alternative to metal AICS pattern magazines. It will work with the above Bolt Action Magazine Well or existing AICS bottom metal set ups. The capacity can be increased to 6 rounds with a simple follower modification.